Visitors 1
7 photos
The ruins of the famous Buildwas Abbey in Shropshire,
This was originally a Savignac monastery built in 1135 by Roger de Clinton, Bishop of Coventry but in 1147 the Savignacs merged with the Cistercians. This then became the Cistercian Abbey of St Mary and St Chad.
It was closed in 1536 during Henry Vlll`s Dissolution of the Monasteries.

Categories & Keywords
Category:Architecture and Structures
Subcategory:Churches
Subcategory Detail:
Keywords:

Buildwas Abbey, Shropshire, 25 August 201725082017_1923Buildwas Abbey, Shropshire.Buildwas Abbey, Shropshire.Buildwas Abbey, Shropshire.Buildwas Abbey, Shropshire.The Chapter House Ceiling, Buildwas Abbey, Shropshire.The Chapter House, Buildwas Abbey, Shropshire.